We are looking for a Kitchen Manager - Head Chef.
Passion, enthusiasm, attention to detail, development of your team, and understanding the brand are a must!
- Manage and control BOH inventory and culinary labour costs.
- Prepare BOH team schedules to meet the needs of the restaurant and maintain budget guidelines.
- Recruit, interview and hire new staff.
- Oversee the training and development of the BOH team, guiding and improving their culinary skills.
- Ensure a high level of consistency while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Maintain portion, plating, recipe control.
- Oversee and implement adherence to legislative and food handling requirements
- Implement and adhere to the Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Report to and liaison with the General Manager for overall operations.
- Monitoring kitchen equipment and ensuring it is kept in good repair; making sure malfunctioning equipment is reported and repaired as quickly as possible.
- Ensuring that the kitchen itself and all Crew members meet the necessary guidelines to ensure there are no injuries or accidents.
- Minimum 2-3 years management experience working in a high-volume upscale gastropub dining restaurant.
- Strong business acumen, including an understanding of budgets and operating costs.
- Excellent knowledge of food, food handling and preparation.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and direct others.
- Knowledge and proficiency in use of computers and learning new software.
- Numerical understanding, basic math skills; strong problem solving and analytical skills.
If you are interested in this wonderful opportunity, please apply today!
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to reference checks and or drug screening.
Thank you for submitting your application. We will contact you shortly!